The town of Tralee has all the facilities of a county capital and is the county/regional headquarters for An Post, Eircom, the Revenue Commissioners, Department of Social Community and Family Affairs, the County Council, Teagasc, Kerry Educational Services, Electricity Supply Board and the Garda Síochána. It is a training,
administration, services and commercial centre with most national retailers such as Dunnes Stores, Tesco, Shaws, Roches Stores, Tubs and Tiles etc. located there.
Tralee is accepted as being Ireland’s newest tourism destination and has seen some £55 million of tourism investment over the past several years.
The town has developed a range of quality all weather visitor attractions unmatched anywhere in the country.
• Siamsa Tíre Ireland’s National Folk Theatre
• Tralee Aquadome Ireland’s largest indoor water leisure facility
• Kerry County Museum Incorporating the Geraldine Experience
• Blennerville Windmill Europe’s only working windmill
• Tralee Blennerville Steam Train
• Jeanie Johnston Shipyard
• Brandon Conference Centre
• Rose of Tralee Festival
The developments have provided the catalyst for a major investment in tourism accommodation and the town now has an excellent range of hotel, guesthouse and self-catering accommodation and well as many fine bars and restaurants.