Serving the Community for over 30 Years!
Built in 1976 Tralee Regional Sports and Leisure Centre is a unique cooperative venture between two statutory bodies namely Tralee Town Council and Kerry Education Service formally Tralee VEC and the public. The Centre is managed by a management company at arms length away from the owners and is responsible for the management, development and finance of the facility.
Since its inception, over the years the Centre has undergone many developments and upgrades partly funded by Capital Funding from the National Lottery and from within its own resources to make it into a Centre for all, as it remains one of the few multi-purpose facilities that truly envelops the “Sport for All” concept, giving both value for money and continuous access to members of the public, groups, schools and colleges and NGB’s. The centre currently attracts over 350,000 visits each year and is currently in the process of extending its range of facilities.
Present Facilities include:
• 25m x 9.5m Indoor Pool
• 12m x 7m Indoor Teaching Pool
• 30m x 26m Indoor Sportshall with tiered seating
• Fitness Suite with Cardiovascular Area, Free Weights Area, and Resistance Machines
• Aerobic Studio
• Treatment Rooms
• Sauna / Steam Rooms
• Racquetball / Handball / Squash Courts
• Lecture Room with full audio visual
• Football Pitches – GAA/ Soccer
• 4 Astro turf Pitches (Due to Open in Sept 10)